This scholarship fund was established in 2023 by friends and family of Ernestine “Ernie” Keiser. Ernie was a long time Grange member in Virginia and was a charter member of Beach Community Grange #958, VA, which was chartered in 1959. She was very supportive of the Youth program at the local, state, and national levels. Ernie was a firm believer in the importance of education and her family and friends desire to continue her legacy by establishing this scholarship program. The value of the scholarship is $1,000.
- Applicant must be a Grange member in good standing with a minimum of one year of membership.
- Scholarship is available for graduating high school seniors or continuing two-year community college, four-year college/university, or postsecondary vocational school students attending an accredited school. Students pursuing graduate degrees or higher vocational certifications are also eligible to apply.
- Scholarship is available to full time or part time students.
- An applicant is eligible to apply for the scholarship each year; however, if selected, will only be eligible to receive it a maximum of two times.
- Two (2) – Recommendation Letters are required. The writers of the letters of recommendation must be unrelated to the applicant.
One letter from a member of the applicant’s Community (local) Grange. It may be an officer or member of the Community Grange.
One letter from a teacher/guidance counselor/mentor. The letter should be on school letterhead or organizational letterhead, if applicable.
- Essay – Applicant may use one of the prompts below for their essay. The limit is a maximum of 500 words or the equivalent of two pages, typed, double spaced. The prompts are:
How will the furtherance of my education help the Grange or my community?
What does Grange membership mean to you?
What are your goals with furthering your education?
What lessons have I learned from my Grange experiences?
How has the Grange helped to develop me as a person/leader?
- Be sure to send a complete application package. This is a Grange scholarship, so Grange involvement and activities will be weighted heavily in the selection process.
- The scholarship winner will receive notification of scholarship by April 10.
How to apply:
- Paper applications must be typed, printed, and signed.
- A checklist of the required application materials for a complete application is included.
- Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by March 1.
- Mailed applications must be received by March 1, and should be mailed to:
National Grange Foundation Board
Ernestine Keiser Memorial Scholarship Fund
c/o Joan Smith, Chair
39 Clubhouse Road
Rotonda West, FL 33947